Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ready to Get Back at It!!!

So I started this blog in 2011 and then stopped as quick as I began.  LOL  I am changing that today on this nasty rainy day.  I love to follow blogs and think that having one could be kind of fun, so here I go. 

Let's get up to speed.  Who is this girl who is wanting to tell the world about every little thing she does?  LOL  My name is Bridget.  I am married to my best friend.   We met in November 1998 and the first time we ever said a single word to each other was June 21, 1999 in the church van on our way to church camp in Iowa.  I became his "girlfriend" just 2 days later.  He proposed on Valentine's Day 2003 and we married April 17, 2004.  We had our struggles.  Don't get me wrong, but it has made us stronger than ever today.  Austin is our first child.  He was born August 11, 2007 changing our lives forever.  A wonderful change but still a change.  In 2008, Nathan was laid off for majority of 2-3 months.  If I remember correctly it was from October-December.  He was working for his Dad's company and they were so slow.  Nathan began to look for another job.  We struggled so much in the time.  He applied at Schwan's in December.  They called him for an interview the very next day and was officially hired a couple days before Christmas.  It was our Christmas miracle.  The down fall.... we had to move to Hermann, MO area where his Schwan's Depot was.  So January 2009 Nathan started the long, tiring hours of driving and selling with Schwan's.  In March we moved.  I grew up in Cedar Hill.  I honestly never thought I'd leave.  I lived not but 5 minutes from my parents and Grandpa.  I still had my best friend from high school a few miles away and we met for lunch at least once a week.  It was my life.  I packed up though and we moved to a tiny 2 bedroom apartment in Hermann.  Looking back now I realize that was such a petty little thing to get upset over.  I was happy he got the job and it's not like the military families who move across the country or even OUT of the country.  It was 67 miles away.  Felt like millions to me but it wasn't.  I still struggled though.  I wasn't happy.  I missed my family.  I missed my friends.  I missed being able to run to Walmart just to get out of the house.  Walmart was only a few minutes away before, now it was 20 miles and just over 30 minutes away.  I felt alone.  I had a hard time meeting new people and Nathan was never home.  Then I found out March 18th that baby number 2 was on the way.  I wasn't as excited as I thought I would be.  I was, but I was scared too. 

As the months went on, I had little issues with the pregnancy and I was miserable, but our beautiful baby girl was born November 24, 2009.  She was perfect.  She was enormous.... a whopping 9lbs. 11oz. but she was perfect.  I ended up with PPD though.  I was a miserable person.  I didn't like me.  I didn't want to be around my kids.  I just wanted to stay in bed and cry.  Nathan had no idea.  I was on the phone with my mom before heading out to see her one day and I was hysterically bawling with the kids in the background.  I knew something was wrong with me and she told me to call my doctor.  I did and he put me on meds.  It helped for a while but then came back not long after being off the meds and our family physician put me on them again while I was crying in his office at my son's 3 year well visit.  I eventually got over it. 

Mollie turned one in November 2010 and in February she had a seizure in the middle of Steak and Shake.  We thought she was choking but it was just a seizure.  She ended up having 8 seizures in 8 months and it was just febrile seizures.  That's it!!!  Turned out every time she had one, she had an ear infection too.  Her fever would go from nothing to 103 in a few minutes time and her little brain couldn't handle it.  It was a very scary year for us but after many doctor visits, hospital visits and neurology visits we found she was perfect.  She had tubes put in her ears in October 2011 and have been seizure free since! 

Since then.... we bought our first home last March in New Haven, MO.  I started working full time for a while... MISTAKE.  That requires a whole new blog post of its own for that particular topic.  To clarify though, getting the full time job wasn't the mistake, it was the job I had.  I have one good friendship out of it, a scar on my head and a couple doctor's bills for high blood pressure since I started....  Ay yi yi!!!!! 

I am now doing in home daycare.  I have 2 kids, brothers I watch and then I do have Mollie during the day too.  Austin is almost done with preschool this year and he'll be starting Kindergarten in August.  He is playing t ball this spring/summer and he will be attending the summer school kindergarten program with the New Haven School District.  I am also a stay at home wife/homemaker.  AND I am a full time student.  I am busy but in a good way.  I am happy again.  Are there still issues and struggles?  Yes but what life doesn't have those?  Do we swim in debt?  You betcha!!!  And things are likely to get worse before they get better too.  Nathan's job with Schwan's was just too much.  He was working 14 hours or so a day and getting paid very minimal.  He just didn't feel it was worth the pay to be away from home like he was.  He missed out on  A LOT of Mollie as a baby and she is almost 3 1/2 year old.  Austin has grown so much in that time too of course.  He just started a new job on Monday at a local factory.  Yeah it was a pay decrease but he is home more.  He'll be on 3rd shift once training is done so he can sleep while Austin is at school and be up when he gets home.  He's on days this week so he has been a part of our daily routines for the first time in 4 years!!  It is a change for us all but it's good to have him home and not having to do it all on my own. 

Now a tad on me....  I am almost 30.  The big 3 0 is coming in June.  Oh help me!!!  LOL  My favorite color is pink.  I am addicted Pinterest.  I love cooking and trying new recipes.  I like to scrapbook but I am so far behind on it.  LOL  I love to dance!!!  And I am an overweight Momma trying to lose weight.

So that was me in a nutshell... a large nutshell, but still yet.  I am hoping to post something daily.  Not sure what my topics will be...  It can be anything from kids, marriage, family, food, craftiness, healthy lifestyle and losing weight (I hope) and so on.  I hope you will join me in my journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment