Friday, May 10, 2013

Down 2 lbs yesterday...

I weighed in yesterday and to my surprise and slight disappointment, I lost 2 pounds.  I have cut down soda.  I still allow myself 1-2 cans a day but considering I was doing 1-2 32oz fountain sodas A DAY, I think this is a huge improvement.  I am slowly trying to cut back on things.  I am overweight.  Actually considered obese.  I have high blood pressure as well.  I am on medication for it but would love to be off of it completely.  So I have been watching what I eat for the most part and trying to use Sparkpeople.com to aid me in weight loss journey.  It seems to be a little time consuming sometimes but it does have wonderful motivation and tools to assist you with weight loss.  I used it after Austin was born and did great with it.  Then I attempted it again after Mollie but with PPD and such I just didn't care.  Now that Mollie is nearly 4 and my jeans barely button, I think it is time to get serious.  I am almost 30.  I don't like feeling like I do.  I am still young right???  30 isn't really old is it? 

So back to the topic here.  Yesterday I was going through the fridge trying to decide on what to make for lunch.  I had half a can of black beans in the fridge, a red pepper and cilantro left over from another meal.  I got creative.... 


I thawed some corn, roasted the red pepper, mixed all the ingredients and added some lime juice.... YUM!!  I took the picture when I added it to my SparkPeople recipes so for prettiness I added some pita chips to it.  I actually ate it with a corn tortilla and a little Avocado Ranch made with Greek Yogurt.  It was delicious!!!! 

Here's the recipe:

3/4 cup canned black beans3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 small red pepper, roasted and diced
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped


Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and toss to coat with juice and mix well. 

I added this in the recipe calculator (one of the many useful tools spark has!!) and figured it at 1/2 cup serving for only 151 calories.  Amazing!!  I felt it was a healthy and satisfying lunch.  Plan on having it again today.  :)

Now, keeping that in mind... I still spoiled my diet.  Oh yeah, pretty bad.  LOL  Our Mother Daughter Banquet at church is tonight and I was asked to bring cupcakes.  I was thrilled to do so but it's not good on the tummy.  I made chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate buttercream frosting and put adorable pink flowers I made on them. 

Show them off??  Of course I will :)

 
 
And yes, I ate a ton of frosting alone!!!! 
 
 
 
 
Well off to the kiddos.....  Happy Friday to you all!!!!  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment