Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WhaCha Eatin?

DINNER TIME!!!!

WhaCha Eatin' Tonight?

Tonight I got creative and made Pull Apart Pizza Bites. I got the idea in Monkey Bread form from a post I saw on Pinterest.... My latest Addiction by the way!! I made my own pizza crust and put it together into a pie plate since it was just feeding me and my kids tonight.



So here we go...

2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup warm water (about 115 degrees)
1 pkg rapid rise yeast
2 Tbs oil

24 pepperoni slices
4oz mozzarella, cut into 24 cubes
grated Parmesan
dry herb of choice
warmed pizza sauce

Place flour, garlic powder and salt in a food processor. Mix yeast with the warm water and add the oil. Turn on the processor and gradually add "yeast water" to the flour. Process until it forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the work bowl. Place dough in a greased bowl covered with cling wrap and let rise... I usually only do this about 30-40 minutes and it works great.

Once risen, divide dough into 24 sections. Flatten each section enough to add a pepperoni and a cube of cheese. Wrap dough around pepperoni and cheese to cover completely and lay seam side down in a greased pie plate. Repeat with remaining dough. Top with a little brush of oil, grated Parmesan cheese and a little herb ( I used oregano). Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Serve with warmed pizza sauce... ashamed to say mine was store bought! And make a full meal with a good salad too!

Tonight it was just for me and the kids so we just did some applesauce with ours, but the kids LOVED it!!!! Mollie with eat just about ANYTHING but Austin is pickier. He seems to love pizza but I wasn't sure if this would throw him off. It didn't!! He ate 2 good sized "bites".

So I hope this has inspired you to give it a try!!! It was YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment